Parish Pastoral Council
St Brigid’s Parish Pastoral Council has been in existence since April 2005 in response to the decision by Archbishop Diarmuid Martin that a Parish Pastoral Council be established in every parish in the Archdiocese of Dublin.
Who we are
Our Parish Pastoral Council is comprised of the priests of the Parish, members elected at a public Parish meeting, and a representative of the Parish Finance Committee. Meetings are held monthly except during the months of July and August.
- Fr Michael Carey (President)
- Seán Feeney (Chairman)
- Deacon Michael O’Connor (Secretary)
- Deacon Jim Adams
- Maírín Keegan (Pastoral Worker)
- Jim McKeown (Finance Committee)
- Alice O’Connell
- Kevin Cullen
- Saritha Leevena Moras
- Margaret Hill
What we do
- Listen to parishioners and, through prayer, reflection, and discussion, ascertain the needs of the parish.
- Encourage and support new Parish initiatives.
- Encourage all parishioners to use their gifts and to participate fully in Parish Life
- Plan and organise how best to use those gifts and resources available to us at the parish and diocesan levels.
- Communicate with parishioners through meetings and newsletters, and encourage feedback through surveys and questionnaires
- Affirm existing ministries and provide ongoing spiritual formation for all Pastoral Council members. Identify areas that need support and skills.
- Interact with Pastoral Councils in the surrounding parishes. Help, support, and learn from each other.
- Continually evaluate and review the work of the Pastoral Council in order to grow with the changing needs of the Church today.
We welcome your comments and any suggestions you may wish to make on the work of the Pastoral Council. You can contact the chairman through the parish office.