What is a Sacrament?
- The sacraments, therefore, are the signs which express our faith in the reality hidden underneath them.
- They are the signs through which we worship and encounter God intimately.
- They are the signs of the unity of the Church because they express what the whole Church believes, not just our private devotions.
- They are the signs of Christ being present in his Body, the Church.
- They provide opportunities for celebrating the presence of God in the significant times of our lives and in the life of the Church.
It is Christ who is encountered in the seven sacraments.
It is Christ who acts in the sacraments.
It is Christ’s worship of the Father that is expressed in the sacraments.
Celebrating the sacraments is at the core of our parish life. Our big moments in life are marked in a solemn way from womb to tomb.
On this page, we will provide all the details for the celebration of the sacraments and there is a link to more information on each sacrament.
To make arrangements for a baptism in our parish call into the Parish Office.
A member of the Baptismal Team will arrange a visit with your family to help prepare for the ceremony.
The names of those welcomed recently into our Christian Community through baptism are listed on the Welcome page of our website.
By request. Baptised catholics are encouraged to avail of this sacrament on a monthly basis at least.
In this diocese, church weddings can take place on any day other than Sundays and major feast days..
The ongoing life of the church depends on vocations to the priesthood. Our diocese has a director of vocations and we’d be delighted to make an introduction for any interested candidates. Talk to any of the priests to get more information. The Diocesan website may also have useful information about Vocations in our diocese.
Sacrament of the Sick
The priests of the parish attend to our sick in hospitals, nursing homes, and at home. Many like to receive the sacrament of the sick and are strengthened and affirmed. If you would like to receive the sacrament of the sick or know someone who would please contact any of the priests or the parish office.
First Friday Call
They bring the Eucharist with them for distribution.
If you would like to be included in the First Friday Calls please contact one of the Parish Team or the Parish office.