We in the parish of St Brigid’s Blanchardstown value and encourage the participation of children and young people in all parish activities that enhance their spiritual, physical, emotional and social development.
We recognise the dignity and rights of all children and are committed to ensuring their protection and support.
In keeping with this we will work to do all in our power to create safe environments for children and young people in order to secure their protection and enable their full participation in the life of our Church and our Parish.
Core Procedures for Working With Children and Young People
Our Parish undertakes to have the following in place:
- Procedures for recruitment and overseeing adult leaders working with young people.
- A general Code of Conduct for all adult leaders.
- A code of behaviour, for children and young people, to deal with any disciplinary issues arising during group activities.
- A specific code of conduct for all away trips including Pilgrimages, Day Trips and incentive events.
- A clearly communicated accident/emergency plan.
- A training programme for all adult leaders in the areas of child protection and health and safety.
- Adequate record-keeping processes.
- Detailed participant forms including signed parental consent for each young person.
- Contact information for Parents/Guardians.
- Medical information and treatment permission as appropriate for all young people.
- Incident /accident report forms.
- Programme/attendance records.
- Volunteer application forms.
- Training records for child protection and health and safety sessions.
- A designated team is assigned to assist with any child protection concerns and/or complaints raised by young people, adult leaders or parents/guardians.
These Codes and procedures will be made known to the young people, leaders and parents/guardians by means of information sessions.
- Child Protection Service
- Garda Siochana Blanchardstown
Phone: (01) 666 7000
- Health Service Executive
- Child Protection Duty Team
Phone: (01) 856 7704
- Dublin West Child Protection Services
Phone: (01) 855 6871